Welcome to Cambridgeshire Workplace Chaplaincy
Most people feel that they have a spiritual nature which impacts their daily lives. Chaplaincy aims to meet the spiritual needs of people, recognising:
The value of every human being
The human need to care for others
The right of all to have access to spiritual development
The belief that we should love our neighbours as ourselves (the ‘Golden Rule’ of all faiths)
Cambridgeshire Workplace Chaplaincy aims to support Chaplains of all faiths across Cambridge, Peterborough and surrounding areas in their work of meeting the spiritual needs of people in work settings of all kinds, whether commercial, public or voluntary sector.
Our aim is to:
- Support workplace chaplaincy services and those who deliver them
- Promote the nature and value of chaplaincy in the workplace
- Support all in need in the workplace
We do this through a programme of networking events; regular communications, and providing signposting to information such as training or regulatory changes. Any chaplain working in our geographical area is welcome to use our services without formal membership or payment.
Cambridgeshire Workplace Chaplaincy cooperates with other organisations to promote chaplaincy services across Cambridgeshire.
Workplace Chaplaincy is about looking after the spiritual needs of anyone in a work setting (including those in self-employment) who may find the presence of a chaplain helpful, whether to talk about personal issues, employee or management challenges or their spiritual quest.
- We work with people in private businesses, public services such as local authorities and emergency services, agriculture, retail, and many other sectors
- We’re supported by different faith groups from across the county
- We work with Chaplains who are affiliated to a particular business or industry sector, those who are sponsored by a church, and those who work alone in offering spiritual guidance
Our mission is promote the recognition of chaplaincy and its value to society and individuals; to support chaplains in practical and spiritual ways; and to bring them together as a community from time to time.
Chair: Mr Alastair Ure Reid
Deputy Chair: Paul Hills
Deputy Chair: Clive Morton
Treasurer: Peter Thatcher
Trustee: Jenny Gage
Trustee: Paula Spalding
Trustee: Thak Patel
Trustee: Michael Page
Development/Admin Assistant: Jane Thompson