Thank you to all our workplace chaplains, supporters and religious leaders who gave up two minutes of their time to give us feedback on our service.
Since our launch event in early 2018 we were reassured to see Chaplains in particular still wanted the range of support we are offering (or planning to offer) including regular chances to meet and support each other, access to training and CPD and financial assistance to attend events and training. Since the survey was circulated we have launched our bursary scheme and we are delighted that chaplains are already making use of this offer.
We will now look to see what training and courses we can offer online; and give chaplains more opportunities to discuss their experiences with each other.
Supporters and Chaplains alike felt promoting the concept of workplace chaplaincy to be very important and this is an area we’re striving to build on constantly. We’ve recently moved our social media emphasis to our Facebook page (to reach Chaplains and the general public) and now to LinkedIn to build relations with organisations and HR professionals.
Summary of results showed:
- 36% respondents were workplace chaplains
- 33% respondents were supporters
- 15% respondents were religious leaders or institutions
- Most workplace chaplains were from Cambridge area (43%) followed by Peterborough area (33%) and Huntingdon (19%) with others scattered around the county
- 43% or respondents are supported by a religious institution with 14% supported by an employer. 24% do not have support.
- Half of workplace chaplains in our county are working at full capacity (50%), with 45% having some capacity for further work
What Chaplains want
- Key issues workplace chaplains want to see CWC actively doing and offering were promoting workplace chaplaincy, support and training opportunities, networking with other chaplains and CPD and non-managerial supervision
- Supporters and chaplains alike want to see the value of workplace chaplaincy to be promoted by CWC
- 100% of respondents were happy in the way CWC communicated with them
- Preferences for the future were communications by email, newsletter and Facebook